What is BackBee ?
BackBee is an open source Content Management System (CMS) with one major advantage. BackBee uses On-page Editing Technology (OET) which means you can easily create and manage websites as they appear with no prior technical knowledge.
What is an On-page Editing Site?
On-page Editing Technology (OET) is the natural evolution of your usual Content Management System functionalities. On-page Editing Technology is a tool that allows you to enter, edit and manage your website directly as it appears to users: The back office and front office are merged.
What's this means?
In most content management systems, you have to shuttle between the back office – a functional interface – and a “preview” mode. This is the only way for you to see what users will.
BackBee’s On-Page Editing Technology lets you directly do all your inputting and editing on the page that appears to users. Therefore you get an immediate and exact idea of what the final page will look like eliminating all unnecessary operations.
What’s so interesting about this?
It's easier and more flexible than your usual CMS. With BackBee's On-page Editing Technology, you can work directly on your HTML page, the page that's visible to users. You can drag and drop page elements and move them around as you wish, adding, deleting or changing text, photos or other page elements by simply clicking on the area in question.
The majority of the editorial functions are present in one single compact toolbar on top of your website page. BackBee is the first CMS to use On-Page editing Technology merging back office and front office.
- It’s unimaginably easy to use.
- Responsive design is native to the app.
- It’s super flexible in terms of graphic design, workflow, SEO and user access.
- It's secure, in several senses: it saves changes so that editorial security is guaranteed; it's easy to configure user access and rights; and the BackBee core is very secure, so developers can make contributions fearlessly.
- It’s open source, which means it’s constantly being tested and improved.